We’ve been making some changes around here – playing with new ideas for exploring creativity and focusing on our team working together on each and every project.
When I heard about the David Suzuki Foundation’s “30×30 Nature Challenge” I rallied the troops and we headed to the park with one day left before the challenge began. We have a few great parks close to us in the downtown core that we will be taking full advantage of. We hit up the Grange Park for a lunchtime pop-up picnic, St. Andrew’s Playground for a creative brainstorming session and we’ll definitely need to walk over to Trinity Bellwoods this week to enjoy the cherry blossoms in full bloom.
I’m a nature lover who has always had a special bond with trees. I’m also attached to my computer and a passionate workaholic so being challenged to combine the 2 was something I really believed in. Since we are 1 week in I thought I’d share some of the reasons behind why I’m so passionate about getting my team outside into nature as much as possible.
1. I have no doubt that nature reduces stress and I have no doubt that stress hinders productivity and creativity. Stats show that sunlight improves productivity.
2. After 2 hrs in nature memory performance and attention span improves by 20%.
3. I care about my team and want them to be healthy and feel great about life. Nature is an incredible way to help. Nature reduces anxiety, depression, stress, diabetes, A.D.D and it helps increase energy and immune functions.
4. When I’m in nature I find myself at my most creative and I wanted to test this out for my team as well.
5. We had the longest winter and we all deserve to enjoy the sun.