Is your dad or husband a total tech geek? Is he crazy about contraptions and always drooling over the latest devices? The Blog Studio is here with the Comprehensive Father’s Day Guide for the guy who love gadgets: DADGETS.
1) First on our “dadget” list is the Samsung LED 7000 3D TV: the very cutting edge of television technology. We got a sneak peak of it a few months back when Samsung held a preview reception, and we were totally blown away. Regular flat screens are a thing of the past… the Samsung 3-D TV brings a genuine theatre experience into your dad’s life. What else would be fit for Avatar’s upcoming DVD release?
2) Speaking of surreal experiences, how about Apple’s latest tech toy: the iPad? They might be hard to score, but this device has the cache to truly impress even the most tech savvy pops. It became available in Canada recently and is buzzing all over the net as the new hot ticket item.
3) If your dad has already beaten you to the iPad punch, that’s ok. We’d like to introduce you to the brand new line of iPad accessories, like iLuv and Gucci’s line. We’ve read about everything from slick cases, to desk mounts and… they come in a variety of great colours for you to match to your dad’s favourite gadgets.
4) For the dad who’s a world traveler and always on the move, the perfect gift is Indigo’s kobo electronic book reader. The kobo is simple, sleek, and best of all you will be supporting a Canadian brand. If you would like try it out for yourself, Indigo is offering tutorials and demos at their Bay/Bloor location.
5) Canon Rebel: Is the dad in your life always juggling the digital camera, his video camera, memory cards, etc.? Save him the hassle and surprise him with the new Canon Rebel complete with 15 megapixel camera and HD video capabilities.
6) If your dad is a true “Mad Men” fan, look to a chic vintage inspired accessory like the ‘Yubz’ Retro handset sold on roots.com. Yubz looks great and will make you feel even better: it’s been clinically proven to reduce 95% of radiation emitting from mobile phones. Not only will you show your dear old dad that you care about his health, but it upgrades sound quality and is definitely conversation piece.
7) If your dad is in the Tech and Social Media business (like us) and is already hip to these trendy tools you might be able to surprise him with the first ever Videophone Touch AiGuru from Asus: The world’s first Skype-enabled touch screen videophone that allows users to make free video and voice calls over Skype. This Videophone boasts an internal microphone, conference calling capabilities and Skype voicemail.
Still stumped? Be sure to check out these dedicated “gadget guide” websites and you will be sure to find him something he will really love:
Happy Father’s Day to all of our friends!