Back in October we posted a WordPress tutorial for version
2.6.2. Mike created another guide for Version 2.7 since it looks
Link to the guide: TBS-Wordpress_Walkthrough-2.7-V1_.pdf – it covers all the essentials for someone who is unfamiliar with WordPress 2.7.
Some of the great new features of WordPress version 2.7 are:
- Stick Post to Front Page – you can select this option and the post will stay to the top of the front page.
- Quick Edit – this function allows you to quickly edit any context excluding the body of the post without having to load the page
- Quick Press – allows you to post right from the dashboard if you
only need access to the title, body, tags & upload function.
- Mass Editing – you can now edit categories, tags, status etc… of multi posts at the same time.
- Screen Options – allows you to choose what items you want visible on
the pages of the control panel. You can strip an entire post page to
only show the title and body.
- Pagination of Comments is built in to the theme
- Dashboard – you can reply to comments & are reminded of drafts directly from the dashboard
- Comments – you can reply to comments from the Comment admin area
- Threaded Comments – makes discussions easier to follow
We will update the guide as feedback pours in – so please feel free to leave your questions or comments.