If you recall, late last week, I made a number of small changes to
this site to see if I could gain back some of the google juice we
recently lost. I think our drop in position is related
to a decision I made to reduce the number of words on the site’s home
page. I made some tweaks to the home page layout to accommodate longer
Five days have passed, so I thought I’d have a look at the search
results to see if we’re ranking any higher for “blog design”. We are,
but only by a single spot. However, looking at the cached versions of
our site on Google, I see that the site hasn’t actually be indexed in
about 6 days. So, the changes to the home page aren’t yet being
reflected. Should be interesting to see what happens. As a side note,
the search results for “blog design” are very volatile. I see a lot of
change in the listings from day to day.
I’m chomping at the bit to try a couple of other SEO tweaks, but I’m
trying to be smart about this by making one change at a time, so it’s
effect can be measured.
Next up: waiting to see what effect the home page change has, then diving into meta description. Fun!