put out the call last week: what are your blogging goals for 2007. I’m
a total hypocrite when it comes to my own blogs. Almost every day, I
talk about, work with, and think through my client’s business and
blogging goals. But my own? I just kind of wing it…
No more! Here then are my goals concerning this blog for 2007:
- Go with the flow. Interest, motivation, energy,
and available time are all cyclical. Sometimes it’s there, and sometimes
it’s not. I’m not going to stress about it.
- Build traffic in a linear way, all year long. Target goals is 1000 unique visits per day.
- Build subscriber numbers. Target goals is 1000 subscribers.
average page views. We’re currently at about 3 views per visitor.
It will be interesting to see if the new design elements we’re
introducing will increase that number.
- Get Lucia and Mike to post more. You reading this you two?
in the top 20 in Yahoo for our keywords. We’re currently #3 on Google,
#19 on MSN, and not even in the top 100 on yahoo. To quickly find out
your ranking, use this great free search engine ranking tool.
- Increase the number of comments we receive. Again, I’m hoping the design changes we’re rolling out will help this.
- Increase Technorati rank to +5000 (currently 7351)
- Have our new and improved free 18 page Guide to Business Blogging downloaded more than 5000 times (coming extremely soon)
- Keep this fun!
This list focuses on metrics, since they are easier to track and tell if
one is on target or not. In all honestly, numbers don’t really get me
all that excited. Making connections with people does. That’s hard to
put into specific goal terms though. So I’m using numbers as indicators
of the effect those numbers will create.
What are your blogging goals for 2007?